Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yard sale tip

Of course, I have been going to yard sales every weekend lately, and I have found that the community ones can be all or nothing. I have a rule when going to community yard sales; when you go to three houses and don't find a thing, move on. Don't waste your time weaving in and out of the cars in the neighborhood when you are not finding anything. There is nothing more frustrating when cars are parked on both sides of the street and you can't get by. Yard selling is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. And going to dud yard sales is not fun! 

Older homes/neighborhoods are great! And when you see that older folks own the home, you prrrobably will find something. Older people, of course, will have older stuff.

Don't be scared of being aggressive and friendly to the sellers. Last week, I was told of this really great yard sale. It was rainy out, but I still went. I drove up to their house and noticed that no one was outside and all the stuff was covered in plastic. I saw some things I wanted, so I knocked on the door. I almost didn't, but I am glad I did. The sellers (who were older folks) were really nice, and they gave me some great deals. I just wish I had gone the first day they were out. They said they did really well the first day. Oh well, I always have to remind myself that there will be others.

I got this table at that yard sale! Love!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment