Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Teahouse of The August Moon

THIS is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. I don't know how many times I've seen it, but I also own it too. It will never get old for me. I actually adore Marlon Brando and Glenn Ford. Dreamy...

I would categorize this movie as a comedy. There is so much comedic wit and troubles. But this movie also offers love and admiration for the Japanese people. Being 1/4 Japanese, I have a thing for movies set in Japan. (Check out Sayonara. Another Marlon Brando film.) This is also a war movie; I find films with a historical background so much more interesting. 

Set in Okinawa, a captain must enforce the new way of living planned out for the islanders by the US government. Many unexpected events get in the way of this plan, such as a geisha, a distillery, and an obsessed vegetable grower. As I write this description of the movie, I realize how crazy this all sounds. haha. It is worth the time!

Check back in and let me know what you think of it! 
I would love to chat about it!


Pic courtesy of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Theatre/TheTeahouseOfTheAugustMoon

No comments:

Post a Comment