Monday, January 30, 2017

How to Create a Keepsake Vignette

I collect vintage compacts (mostly Stratton) and I wanted to display them in a  "cherished" way. So I found some small random boxes around the house, covered them with hankies and started arranging my compacts around. I also added keepsakes from my boys, special pictures, old gloves, and vintage jewelry. 

You can easily create a keepsake or collectibles box with inexpensive items from thrift stores, yard sales, or even from things around your house. I created this one with a vintage carry-on case.

There is really no wrong way to put it together. 
But there are some tips I can give:

1. Try to create different heights for interest. I used the boxes for this.
2. Put the larger things in first. Largest then smallest.
3. Use anything you love. Create a theme or make it eclectic, like mine.
4. Try and use items with different textures, finishes, patterns. This will add interest too.
5. Make it your own. As long as you love it, that's all that matters! 

Now, go create a keepsake vignette and send me a pic. I want to see your creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment